You will normally be eligible to apply for a pitch on a traveller site if:
- you are at least 18 years old, and
- you are not deemed to be guilty of unacceptable behaviour.
There are some exceptions to this:
Age of applicant
Applicants will normally be at least 18 years of age. Applicants under 18 years of age may be accepted if they have a recognised support package from Social Services and a financial guarantor in place. A financial guarantor is a current site resident, usually a family member, who will sign an agreement to act as a trustee for the amount of the rent.
Applicants will not normally be accepted on to the pitch waiting list if they, or a member of their household with whom they would usually reside, has behaved unacceptably. This behaviour may include, but is not limited to:
- convictions for violent or other serious offence(s)
- convictions for drug use or drug dealing
- used threatening language or behaviour towards any officer of a council
- been subject to an injunction over violent behaviour in the past three years
- behaved in an antisocial manner towards neighbours
- supplied false or misleading information when making an application for a pitch in the East Riding of Yorkshire
- deliberately worsened their housing situation
- moved onto one or more of our sites without advance permission
- has property in the East Riding of Yorkshire which they can reasonably be expected to occupy.
You will not be eligible to apply for a pitch if you have rent arrears or former tenant debts with East Riding of Yorkshire Council.
If you are not sure whether you are eligible to join the pitch waiting list please complete the traveller site pitch application form and we will let you know.
The following pdf is our pitch application form and allocation policy which sets out who is eligible to go on our waiting list:
Traveller Site Pitch Application Form and Allocation Policy (word 250kb)