Yes, if your school subscribes to the Governors Support Service your governing board will have access to The National Governors Association Learning Link, e-learning.
Learning link is an easy to use e-learning portal that will help governors with professional development, and offers bespoke training on all aspects of school governance and a catalogue of high-quality content to develop your skills and knowledge on key topics including: strategy, team work, assessment, staffing, financial oversight, elements of effective governance, compliance and collaboration. It currently hosts over 50 governor e-learning modules which have been updated to reflect changes in legislation, the new Governance Handbook and the Competency Framework. To register for Learning Link:
1. Visit the NGA Learning Link Registration website to find the online self-registration form.
2. Add your details to the self-registration form in the following order
- Your first name
- Your last name
- Your email
- Your phone number (optional)
- Your governance role title (optional)
- Your school or academy – use the search box and make sure to select the right one using the address and postcode if necessary*
3. Read the statement in the large blue box at the bottom of the form and then click anywhere in the large blue box to submit your application for approval.
4. Approval is not immediate and you must wait for email confirmation of approval. It can take time to receive this email particularly if your application is submitted over a weekend or in the evening.
5. Your confirmation email will be sent to you. Once you receive your email confirmation, which includes your login details you can login to Learning Link and start to use it whenever you want to.
For further information and to register please follow the external link:
NGA Learning Link E Learning (external website)