Our Adult Learning and Employability team offer a wide range of services and support to help you get back into work. Our team work closely with local employers to match your skills and experience with their vacancies.
You might be eligible to access one of our funded programmes:
- Building Better Opportunities (BBO) - personalised support for people aged 25 and over to overcome barriers to getting employment, education or training.
- Kickstart - a scooter loan scheme to help people aged 18 years or older access jobs and training opportunities.
- Springboard - support for young people aged 16-24 in the East Riding to find employment or further education and training.
- Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Programme - part of a nationwide support programme for Syrian and Afghan refugees to help integrate into society including employment, volunteering, training and development of language skills and local knowledge.
- Sector-based Work Academy Programme (SWAP) - supporting people to gain the skills they need to successfully apply for a position working at the council.
We can provide support with:
- CV writing
- completing job applications
- using the internet to search for jobs
- uploading your CV to job sites
- interview preparation and anything else you need to give you a chance of not only getting back into work but also finding a job you really want.