You will be required to provide the following documentation to support your application:
Identity for you and your partner
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Current passport
- Medical card
- Driving license in photo card format
- UK residence permit
- EEC identity card
- Letter from a government department.
National Insurance number for you and your partner
- National Insurance number card
- P60 or payslips
- Letter from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
The benefits team will contact you if they require any further documentation.
Other evidence you may be required to submit
- Capital, savings and investments for you and your partner
- Earnings for you, your partner and any other non-dependants living with you
- Self-employed earnings for you and your partner
- Other income for you, your partner and other adults living with you
- Benefits, allowances or pensions for you, your partner and any other adults living with you
- Childcare costs
- Any other eligible expenses.
If you do not have any payslips, or if they are handwritten, you will need to ask your employer to complete the form below:
Certificate of earned income (pdf 72kb)
If you have childcare costs but do not have any receipts, please ask your childcare provider to complete the form below:
Childcare costs (pdf 44kb)
How to prepare and supply proof documents
Proofs must be in GIF, JPG, JPEG, PDF or PNG format and be a maximum of 20mb in size.
- take a steady, clear photograph of them with your smartphone or tablet
- scan them using your home printer if it has scanning capabilities
- scan them at your local customer service centre.
You can either upload your proof in the online application form or email your documents to us at email@example.com.