Paying invoices for council services

Information about paying invoices or bills online, paying by instalments, paying by Direct Debit and disputing an invoice. How to cancel gym membership, lifeline agreement, refuse contract, how to check an outstanding balance, telling us you have moved and what to do if you have received court papers. 

Can I pay my invoice or bill online?

Yes, you can pay securely online:

Pay invoice or bill online

Please make sure to include your invoice number.

Can I pay by instalments?

It may be possible, please use the 'contact us' option on the right of the page and include details of your proposed payments plan.

Alternatively, you can contact us on (01482) 394862

Can I pay by Direct Debit and set this payment up online?

You can pay by direct debit but unfortunately at the moment we cannot accept the details online.

Please complete the Direct Debit form available to download below and return to:

Corporate Billing
County Hall
Cross Street
East Riding of Yorkshire
HU17 0US

Direct Debit Form (pdf 93kb)

Can I dispute my invoice or charges?

If you do not agree with your charges/invoice please 'contact us' using the details below to provide details of your dispute:

Email: Corporate.billing@eastriding.gov.uk

Tel: (01482) 394862

How do I cancel my gym membership?

Cancellations to gym memberships need to go directly to the leisure centre where the original agreement was made.

How do I cancel my lifeline agreement?

You can contact the lifeline control centre at any time of day to cancel your lifeline agreement. You can do this by contacting the lifeline control centre using the below options:

Email: lifeline@eastriding.gov.uk

Tel: (01482) 396050 

How do I cancel my refuse contract?

Please contact business waste to discuss your requirements.

Email: business.waste@eastriding.gov.uk

Tel: (01482) 395580

Can I check the outstanding balancefor my invoice online?

Unfortunately we cannot provide an online balance facility at the moment.

Please contact us and we will contact you with the information you require.

Alternatively please telephone: (01482) 394862.

Can I tell you I have moved?

If you have recently received an invoice from the council please provide your new address using the 'Contact the council' option.

I have received court papers. What should I do?

Please contact The Credit Control team:

Telephone: (01482) 393110.

The team will be able to answer your query.

I'm having financial difficulties, who can help me?

Make an appointment to talk to us

If you are struggling with your finances, you can make a telephone appointment with our welfare visiting team. They may be able to help you create a more suitable payment plan for your council tax and make sure you are claiming the benefits you are entitled to.

Free impartial debt advice

There are also a number of independent organisations who can provide useful advice and information for people who are experiencing financial problems.

Take a look at organisations that can offer financial and debt advice.

Can I request a hold on recovery action and additional fees?

Read about the new, statutory scheme called ‘Breathing Space’ which is designed to provide people with debt problems the right to legal protection from creditors for a limited period of time.

Stay connected

Sign up for the latest news and updates from East Riding of Yorkshire Council.

We will use GovDelivery to send you emails, it is secure and you can choose to stop receiving emails at any time. Find out more in our Privacy notice.