Tedder Hill Wind Farm Community Fund

Tedder Hill Wind Farm Community Fund currently receives an annual donation from the developer. Find out more about funding information for communities here.

What is the Tedder Hill Wind Farm Community Fund?

In September 2009 planning permission was granted to build a wind farm on land at Pilmar Lane, Roos. As part of the planning consent, the original developer made a commitment to pay a lump sum of £100,000 (now largely spent) and thereafter annual payments of c. £6,000 (index-linked) into a community fund.

Ventient Energy now owns the wind farm and with it, the commitment to make annual contributions into the Tedder Hill Community Wind Farm Fund.

For further information on Ventient Energy visit: 

Ventient Energy (external website)

What is the area of benefit for the fund?

The fund is for the benefit of communities lying within a 5 kilometre radius of Roos Post Office (HU12 0HP).  A map showing the area of benefit can be downloaded from the table below.

What type of activities will the fund support?

The fund is designed to promote the following initiatives:

  • Educational initiatives
  • Environmental initiatives
  • Energy-efficiency initiatives
  • Community initiatives

Who can make an application?

Requests for funds are accepted from community groups, community organisations, companies, firms and societies, charities, parish councils, schools, and churches. New groups or ideas for projects where a group does not currently exist can be considered.

For further information please contact the fund administrator:

Email:  ruralfunding@eastriding.gov.uk 

Are there any activities that cannot be funded?

The following activities cannot be supported by the fund:

  • Activities detrimental to the commercial operation of the wind farm
  • Political or religious campaigns
  • Statutory duties of the public service providers, including the East Riding of Yorkshire Council, Humberside Police, Fire and Rescue Services, the Coastguard the health authority or a Parish Council.

How can the fund distribute money?

Payments from the fund will usually be made in the form of grants.  Subject to appropriate governance measures as required, other forms of financial assistance (e.g. commissioning, loans, donations) can be considered by the fund panel.  For further details contact the fund administrator at: 

Email: ruralfunding@eastriding.gov.uk

For information on other funding opportunities please visit: Finding a grant

How much money can be applied for?

Applications for over £500 should be made online to the main fund. There are no upper or lower limits on the amount of money that can be requested, however, the fund panel have indicated that applications over £10,000 would be considered exceptional.

Applications for £500 should be made to the Small Grants fund.  This is a simpler application process for very small one-off projects. Unlike the main fund (which is open to receive applications for three months), the Small Grants fund is open year-round.

Please also see the 'How do I submit an application?' answer below.

Will the fund support 100% of the project costs?

The fund panel will wish to see evidence of applicants own contribution to the project costs. This could be in the form of cash, grants, or donations, including materials or equipment loan and, or in-kind volunteer time. In certain circumstances 100% of costs may be given. 

How is the fund managed and who makes decisions about how it is spent?

Decisions on how the money is spent are made by a fund panel made up of representatives from the following organisations:

  • Two representatives from East Riding of Yorkshire Council
  • One representative from Roos Parish Council
  • One representative from Rimswell Parish Council
  • One representative from East Garton Parish Council
  • One representative from Burton Pidsea Parish Council
  • One representative from Halsham Parish Council.

East Riding of Yorkshire Council is the Accountable Body for the fund and provides the secretariat and administration service through the council's Rural Policy and Partnerships Team.

What are the deadlines and timescales?

The main fund will be re-opening on Sunday 17 January 2021and closing Sunday 16 May 2021.

Applications for up to £500 can be made to the Small Grants fund which can be made at any time and will be considered between panel meetings.

What is the application process from start to finish?

  1. For the main fund, the applicant completes an online application form and submits it electronically with supporting evidence (including quotes, permissions, accounts and bank statements).  These forms can be accessed using 'How do I submit an application for funding?' section below.
  2. for the Small Grants fund, the applicant downloads and completes a paper based application using the link in the 'How do I submit an application for funding?' section below
  3. The online system acknowledges receipt of the application.
  4. The administrator carries out a technical appraisal (does the applicant have the ability and permissions to carry out the project, does the project meet the fund criteria, has all the necessary information been supplied?).
  5. The application is sent to the fund panel for scoring.
  6. Fund panel meets and makes a decision (full award, part award or decline).
  7. Administrator writes to unsuccessful applicants stating decision and reason. 
  8. Administrator writes to successful applicants offering funding and explaining any conditions that may apply.
  9. Successful applicants write back accepting the offer of money and conditions.
  10. Successful applicants submit a single invoice in advance for up to a total grant value of £10,000.  If the total grant is over £10,000 two payments will be made - one in advance and one on completion.  Please note: normal payment terms are 30 days.
  11. Successful applicants complete the project.
  12. Successful applicants submit End of Grant report plus supporting evidence along with any final invoice as appropriate
  13. Administrator includes a report on the project in fund annual report
  14. Fund annual report presented at the annual review meeting.

How do I submit an application for funding?

Applications to the main fund (over £500) should be made online within the Flexi-Grant system:

Flexi-Grant System (external council website)

Once on the system select the up to £10k form which has guidance notes to help you complete it.

Applications for up to £500 should be made on the Small Grants form which, along with Guidance Notes, can be downloaded from the documents box below. 

If you have any queries please contact the fund by email: ruralfunding@eastriding.gov.uk 

For information on other funding opportunities please visit: Finding a grant

Stay connected

Sign up for the latest news and updates from East Riding of Yorkshire Council.

We will use GovDelivery to send you emails, it is secure and you can choose to stop receiving emails at any time. Find out more in our Privacy notice.