We may disclose your information to others, but only where this is necessary either to comply with our legal obligations or as permitted by Data Protection legislation. We may share it with other public service bodies including town and parish councils, the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and local government / planning inspectorate and other local authorities.
The reasons why we may share your data with other public bodies are as follows:
- To support town or parish councils to preparing a Neighbourhood Plan or Order that may be of interest to you
- To assist in the examination of planning documents. Regulation 22 of The Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012 requires local planning authorities to submit copies of representations (consultation responses) to the Secretary of State
- To assist in the preparation of any joint planning documents prepared with other local authorities or partners. Data may need to be shared to fulfil the requirements of preparing planning documents but data will only be shared if necessary
- To improve our understanding of your needs to enable us to inform you of other relevant services
- To monitor and improve our performance and delivery of services
- For the prevention and or detection of crime
- Where necessary to protect individuals from the risk of harm or injury
- Where otherwise permitted under the General Data Protection legislation.
We will only disclose your sensitive or confidential information to a third party if we are legally required to do so, or where we have good reason to believe that failing to share the information would put you or someone else at risk of harm.
We will not pass your personal information to external organisations for marketing or sales purposes or for any commercial use without your prior expressed consent.
Consultation responses are published on the council’s website. However, please be advised that all contact details / information will be redacted before being published.
To enable the forward planning team to carry out their functions, they use a housing system called ActiveH which is supplied by MIS-Active Management Systems Limited.
MIS-Active Management Systems Limited (external website)