Closures and appointments
Beverley, Goole and Bridlington Customer Service Centres will be closed however, customers can be seen by pre-arranged appointments which can be made by calling (01482) 393939 only.
Our Multi-Service Centres at Brough, Cottingham, Driffield, Haltemprice, Hedon, Hessle, Hornsea, Market Weighton, Pocklington and Withernsea will also see customers by pre-arranged appointment only and they will offer a library service by order and collect at the entrance.
Call or do it online
Most enquiries can now be dealt with safely and easily by telephone or online. This includes renewals and applications for blue badges.
Please call (01482) 393939 and an advisor will be able to discuss your enquiry with you and if required, arrange an appointment at your nearest centre.
We have increased the number of telephone operatives to enable more enquiries to be dealt with in the safest way possible and minimising face-to-face contact by reducing the need for customers to visit a site.
We are following national guidance to ensure safety for all of our customers and staff. If you are attending a site, please note the following safety information:
- Do not visit us if you are displaying any symptoms of coronavirus or if you have been in contact with someone who has symptoms. Just call us to rearrange your appointment if symptoms display
- We will ask you to use the provided hand sanitiser when entering the building and adhere to social distancing at all times
- You are required to wear a face covering when entering the site unless exempt
- Mixed households will not be permitted in the centre unless you are in a support bubble or supporting a vulnerable person, please visit alone where possible
- You will only be allowed access at your appointment time so arriving early may mean longer queuing. Late arrivals will be accommodated wherever possible however you might have to make another appointment.
Vending machines, printing, scanning, photocopying, newspapers, and electoral registers are not currently available.
Caddy liners can be collected at the entrance of our multi-service centres and libraries during open hours.
Documents and keys
Whilst Bridlington and Goole Customer Service Centres are closed, documents or keys can be posted through their letterbox. Customers wishing to drop documents or keys off at Beverley will need to take these to Beverley Library at the Treasure House. Please put documents or keys in a sealed envelope clearly marked with your name, address, and name of the relevant service/officer.
Please note: we will not be proof-checking any documents.
Payments cannot be made at any of our centres until further notice.
There are a variety of other ways to make a payment.
This includes Direct Debit or online, via our automated payment line, (please call 0300 330 1515), by telephone with an advisor on (01482) 393939.
You can also make payments at your local Post Office or at any PayPoint outlet.
Please remember to take your account number or a bill that shows your barcode.
Read about how library services have been affected by COVID-19.