Applications for a performance licence are made by the person responsible for the production of the performance in which the child is to take part, usually the production company or theatre. A licence for children taking part in performances is issued for the specified performance and for the duration of the specified performance (not exceeding 6 months).
A licence will be issued taking into account the current regulations including the number of hours the child will be required on set, will there be any late nights required, etc. and the education welfare service is satisfied that all guidelines are being met.
The performance application form is in 2 parts, both parts being contained in the same document available to download below.
Part I is completed by the applicant.
Part II is to be completed by the child's parent or carer.
Once Part I and Part II have been fully completed, the following documentation must be attached:
- two passport size photographs of the child taken within the last six months;
- a copy of the child's birth certificate;
- a completed parental declaration of health form, letter from child's parent stating they are fit and healthy or a medical certificate or letter from the child's doctor or a registered doctor stating they are fit and healthy;
- a letter from the child's headteacher authorising any absences they may need to have;
- and the fully completed form with all relevant documentation.
Performance Licence Application (pdf 144kb)
Body of Persons Approvals (pdf 100kb)
Performance Licence Application (word 190kb)
Children in Entertainment Body of Persons - FAQs (pdf 178kb)
The above documentation can then be sent to:
The Education Welfare Service
East Riding of Yorkshire