Your business may qualify for small business rates relief if:
- you occupy only one property with a rateable value of under £15,000
- you occupy one main property with a rateable value of under £15, 000 and other additional properties. Each additional property must have a rateable value of £2,899 or less and the total rateable value of all your properties is £19,999 or less.
The relief is 100 per cent for properties with a rateable value under £11,999. For those properties with a rateable value between £12,000 and £14,999 there is a tapering of the relief and the discount ranges from 100% at £12,000 to zero at £14,999.
Small business rates relief is only available for occupied properties. You must be the ratepayer or a person authorised to act on behalf of the ratepayer to submit an application for small business rate relief.
Your business will not qualify for small business rate relief if:
- you have not occupied the property
- you receive mandatory charity relief or rural rate relief
- you take on any additional properties
Apply for Small Business Rates Relief
Before filling the online form, make sure you have the following information:
- your business account name
- your business rates account number
- the rateable value (RV) of each of your business properties
Please note: if you submit false information, you can be fined, imprisoned or both.